Greetings AI Aficionados,
Ready to delve into the AI advancements that are reshaping the way we work?
This week's news reminds us that the future of productivity is not just about working harder, but smarter—with a little help from AI!
Dive into this week's Bash to get you up to speed in 5 minutes or less. Let’s get started!
This week in AI productivity
- TLDR: Blue-collar jobs are expected to be safe and may even experience a boom in the AI revolution. These jobs require physical labor, skilled trades, and a combination of physical, knowledge, and social work that are not easily replaceable by AI.
- Why you should care: If you’re worrying about the impact of AI on your job security be aware that industries like healthcare, green energy, high-tech manufacturing, and construction will see an increased demand for skilled workers. Time to start reskilling?
- TLDR: AI is essentially a tool for better automation, rather than a solution to all problems. Businesses should carefully define their true needs and focus on addressing specific pain points.
- Why you should care: The adoption of AI in managing mundane tasks can free up time for more strategic, creative endeavors.
- TLDR: Microsoft has launched its AI-powered Office assistant, Microsoft 365 Copilot, for enterprise customers. It comes at a steep price of $30 per month, per user, and businesses must commit to at least 300 users to access the assistant.
- Why you should care: Microsoft 365 Copilot promises to revolutionize how Office documents are created and edited.
- TLDR: President Joe Biden has signed an executive order covers topics ranging from national security and immigration to housing and healthcare and requires companies developing powerful AI technology to report key information to the government.
- Why you should care: This order recognizes the importance of AI talent and the importance of responsible AI implementation in shaping the future for knowledge workers.
Want to go beyond the TLDR?
Read more detailed summaries for all of these articles and get answers with Bash. For example: “I'm a research analyst. Should I be worried about the impact of AI on my job?”
Did you know?
Large Language Model: A type of computer model that learns from a vast amount of text to understand and generate human-like text, helping with tasks like translation, summarization, and answering questions.
Quote of the week
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do."
This quote nudges us to remain curious, innovative, and engaged, even as machines take up more tasks in the workspace.
Product updates from Bash
Want some help coming up with a brief, ad copy, or a blog post? Bash can help you come up with high-quality marketing materials within seconds. Check out this topic to get started.
We also celebrated creepies and crawlies and shared more about the history of Halloween. If you’re in Europe and North America, the last couple of weeks we switched back to DST which always brings up the discussion around pros and cons of changing time.
AI Nuggets for Thought
- Embrace the AI shift—it's not about replacement, but enhancement.
- Stay updated on AI advancements to leverage new tools for your productivity.
- Explore how AI can automate routine tasks, freeing you for higher-value work.